ITS Australia (Intelligent Transport Systems) will include sustainable transport as part of its Global Summit in Melbourne from 28th-31st October 2023.
The summit will be the largest gathering of international transport technology leaders in Australia since Melbourne hosted the World Congress in 2016.
ITS Australia is the peak body for advanced transport technology in Australia. Formed in 1992, it has more than 145 member organisations and is affiliated with a network of other ITS organisations worldwide.
Representatives from Asia-Pacific, Europe and the US will participate in the October event, as will academics, professionals and business leaders from across all Australian States and Territories.
Six key themes drive the plenary and panel sessions, ‘Big Issue’ presentations, forums, special interest sessions, as well as breakouts and workshops:
- Smart Infrastructure and Data Ecosystems – Ensuring the built environment and their transport networks are prepared for the future and the effective utilisation of digital technology and data.
- Sustainable and Equitable Transport – The management of equitable service delivery to our cities and regions, ensuring the even-application of environmental and sustainable considerations, and the fair availability of technology to customers.
- Electric, Connected, Automated Transport – How trials and the real time deployment of Electric, Connected and Automated Vehicles can positively impact transport networks.
- Future Mobility – New mobility solutions and customer-centric, demand-responsive transport initiatives, and their influence and contribution to the liveability of cities, suburbs, and regional communities.
- Policy and Harmonisation – Transport policies, standards, regulations, pricing and data security, all contribute to enabling and accelerating technology-led transport solutions in an integrated and connected environment.
- Freight, Logistics and Drones – How the transport sectors – freight and logistics in particular – can meet the community’s demand for the fast and efficient delivery of goods and services, through innovative technologies.
Transport is the lead cause for more than 30% of all greenhouse gas emissions worldwide.
Micromobility Report is an Official Media Partner of the ITS Global Summit 2023.
For more information you can visit the summit website here.